January 13, 2011

Congrats McFarlane and Co.

A quick sketch of Spawn today.  Yesterday, the 200th issue of Spawn came out.  I own every single issue from 1 to 200.  Over 18 years of story telling.  It's insane.  Why do I have every issue?  I'm not really sure.  I mean, I like the character and story, but I easily LOVE Batman more (yet I own very few actual Batman comics by comparison).  I have a Batman tattoo.  Not a Spawn tattoo.

Whether you love or hate Spawn, or think it jumped the shark early on, 200 issues is a milestone.  Almost 20 years of storytelling.  And not too many hands in the creative pot.  A character like Batman has over 200 people take the reigns of the story in 20 years.  Spawn's creative team has remained very very small by comparison.

Anyway, kudos to Mr. McFarlane and the the rest of the team that has brought us a character like Spawn over the the past 200 issues.  Keep up the good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment