January 16, 2011

Turtle Power!

So before I got all in love with Batman... I was crazy obsessed with... POWER RANGERS!


But before I was all crazy obsessed with the Power Rangers, I was hardcore obsessed with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.  Raphael was my favorite.  Kinda of a loner, kind of a smart ass, the only one who's colors didn't change when they brought them to TV in the 80s (yes kids, originally ALL the turtles wore red!).  Also, his name began with an R, my name began with an R.  When you're 8, that's important stuff!

Anywho, drew this last night in Sharpie and ballpoint pen (high tech, i know!), and then colored digitally.  Fun Fact:  The base colors before all the shading were taken from a pic of Raphael from the classic 80s Ninja Turtles cartoon.

I should take crack at the Shredder sometime...

No comments:

Post a Comment