January 1, 2011

Wait till they get a load of me!

Hello 2011!!!

It's around 9:30am (PST) on this first day of a new year...  and this is the first post of "Side Effects May Include Drawsiness" (Love that word!).  I'm mildly hungover after a night of getting frunked (love that word too!), but it's "Resolution Day" and this year I have several resolutions!  But I'm only gonna talk about this one.

This is my art blog, that I just started today.  It's the resolution I think I'm most excited about.  But enough babbling.  Many artistic people do art blogs, and I am an artistic person, so here's mine.  Like most artist blogs, I'm gonna try to post something daily.  And like most artist blogs, that probably won't happen.  But the point is to get myself drawsy for 30min-2 hours+ every day... and then post the fruits of those labors here.  A lot of it will just be sketch work, or works in progress (we call those WIPs, in the art world!), but I will post fully finished works of paintings or commissions as they occur, and again, this will hopefully be daily.  I will then write some blurb about it.

The above art is once such example.  For a good chunk of last year, I kept having the urge to draw Batman's rogue gallery as girls (the ones that weren't already girls).  But kept putting it on the back burner of my mind.  But creating this blog would be a great place to showcase ideas such as this.  So here's the first... Joker.  I will more than likely continue to draw the rest, and post them.  Then I'll move on to other ideas as they occur. I  want to draw a zombie, I'll draw it.  I want to draw a ninja, i'll draw it.  The "whatever" ideas are what will be the bulk of this blog.

Okay, I'm gonna stop typing now, cuz hangovers aren't a good mix with typing.

No comments:

Post a Comment