January 19, 2011

A simple hand study...

There's a project I'm working on (that I'm very likely to go into far more detail on, in a later post) that will involve hands. I decided to do some hand studies before I jump into the deep end of the pool on the main project.  The above is the study.

I come from the mid 90s, early days of Image Comics school of art.  And one thing that era was known to skimp out on, in a lot of cases, was hands and feet.  Because... Well.... THEY'RE HARD!   Hands are a pain in the butt if they're not in some kind of fist.  (But wouldn't a fist be a pain in the butt?)  And feet?  Forget it.  I've drawn so many pictures of a person just relaxing with their hands in their pockets and their feet are either "conveniently" cut off the page, or placed BEHIND an even more convenient rock!

But i'm trying to GROW as an artist, and break bad habits... so...  HANDS!   And a very important project, is a project dealing heavily with... HANDS!   Feet will come later... there's plenty of rocks left in the world, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment