January 22, 2011

Mr. Fox

Decided to put the Sharpie/Ball-Point pen down that's been used in almost every post for the last 10 or so posts, and i picked up my Micron pen.  Baby steps.

Anywho, Micron pens (for those not in the know) come in various widths (much like mechanical pencils) the pen used above was a .25mm width, so it allowed for very detailed line work, and I was like "What the hell am i gonna do detailed line work with?"  Hair?  Fur?  A dog!

My best friend and his fiance have this adorable little dog, Mr. Fox.  I've wanted to do a painting of him for a while, but as mentioned in previous posts, the "studio" was buried in boxes.  So, I decided to do this quick sketch this morning, and the micron allowed for some detail that I'd otherwise skip out on.

No comments:

Post a Comment