January 25, 2011

And the award goes to...

The Oscar nominations were announced this morning.  For once, I've seen at least HALF of the Best Picture nominees, and I hope to see at least 3 more (if not all of them), so this years Oscar race, I might actually care about it.  Most years, I'm lucky to have seen ONE film in the Best Picture category.  Overall, the nominees were what I expected.  I was surprised not to see Christopher Nolan get a nom for directing Inception (though it got a nom for Picture and Writing).  And although it wasn't a huge performance, I think Anne Hathaway should of got a nom for Love and Other Drugs.  It was a good performance, not a winning performance, but should of been recognized.  Sides, she's hosting, and her co-host is a nominee.  Would have been fun if they both were nominees.  To see a complete list of the nominees:  CLICK HERE!

Anywho, did a quick sketch and threw some color on it in Photoshop.  I tried captured the power of Hollyweird's golden statue, and the thrill of having one.  I think it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment