April 29, 2011

APE-ril: Mojo Jojo

I never really watched the Powerpuff Girls, despite many people saying I should...  So I'm not at all familiar with this character, other than knowing he's a bad guy on the show.  When I started the APE-ril Challenge, I was kinda looking forward to do this one, and maybe taking a different spin on him... make him look more like a real monkey, and still have the suit, more comic-book'y and less anime'esque.... But, APE-ril ends tomorrow night, and I still have like 8 more monkeys to draw and such... so...  quality is failing to quantity.  However, it's kinda liberating at the same time, because I'm not getting as hung up on how things look... which opens up things I would otherwise not normally do.

Also, my buddy, Stephen Wittmaak took a stab at Mojo Jojo early on APE-ril... you can see his right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment