April 21, 2011

APE-ril: Gleek

I like this drawing for a simple reason...  it totally captures my understanding of the character.  In my internet research I know that Gleek is the pet space monkey of the Wonder Twins, who you may remember from the Super Friends.  I believe his tale can change size and shape (like it can be used for a lasso, or a rope etc.).

I rarely watched Super Friends.  I vaguely remember the Wonder Twins, and I didn't remember a pet space monkey named Gleek.  I just stumbled across him while researching what monkeys I wanted to draw for "APE-ril", and thought he could be fun to draw... that and he's named "Gleek", and with the popularity of the show "Glee", it might be possible somebody Google'ing the word "Gleek" might stumble across my art blog.  See, I'm smart like that.

I think the way I drew him, that he looks a bit like Adam Goldberg.

No comments:

Post a Comment