April 3, 2011

APE-ril: Ari

APE-ril continues with Ari.

You don't remember Ari?  She was the human supporter in the Tim Burton "re-imagining" of Planet of the Apes?  No?  You don't remember Marky-Mark fighting monkeys?  No?

Okay, I kid.  But it is APE-ril, and how can I do a month dedicated to APES and not acknowledge the PLANET?  There are 4 apes from the films who made my list, 2 from the original Planet, and 2 from the remake.  As I'm going alphabetically, Ari came up first.

It was interesting, cuz they are apes, but really they're humans in make up... so it became difficult to draw it ape'ish, because it kept looking too human.  This will be a fun challenge going towards the other 3 I have planned.  We shall see.

Fun fact, it was on Burton's remake that he met Helena Bonham Carter, his main squeeze ever since...  what kinda freaky stuff is he into that monkey girl got his engine going?

No comments:

Post a Comment