April 5, 2011

APE-ril: Bubbles

I'm not sure why Bubbles looks confused...  I always give "unintentional" expressions to animals when I draw them, it's weird.   So yeah, Bubbles is confused.

This drawing was kinda interesting how it came about.  Originally I was gonna do full color like I have done many times in the past, but I got to thinking that something more "sketchy" would be cool.  So I opted to go that road, and started sketching with graphite.  After I had sketched about as much as I thought I could, I scanned the picture.  My scanner hates sketches for some reason, they always come out looking weird.  So I took to Photoshop, and did some more shading in the digital realm, which was kinda nifty.  I really enjoyed the back and forth between hand drawn and digital shading... it was interesting  Might experiment with it more in future Drawsiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment