March 31, 2011

A look back at March...

Well, March certainly did not go as planned at all.  I think that's because I was trying to hard to control it.  I wanted a "theme" for the month (can you tell what it was?), and I wanted to keep all the pictures the exact same size.  This resulted in creative frustration and a severe lack of productivity.  This blog was started to just draw stuff and post "whatever"  and here I was saying "No, this month, the drawings must be this, this, and that!"  So it resulted in a hindered about of art.

Also, my webcomic, Waste of Time, started back up and I think I was taking the "creative" edge that I had pulled from this, out on the comic.  I was getting very ambitious with the art there, and not using it in the experimentation realm of this blog.

So only 8 pictures for an entire month, not  a good month at all.  Will aim to be more loose and fluid in April, even though a friend of mine had a sweet idea for a theme.  But I think I'll step back from themes for a bit... and just, draw!

In a side note, I'd love to have that monitor setup.

No comments:

Post a Comment