March 1, 2011

Mighty Morphin Power... squirrel?

So I wanted to draw the Green Power Ranger this morning, throwback to my child hood.  But realized I wouldn't have enough time before my "day job" to get it to the level of awesome I'd like it.  Maybe Thursday or Friday...  we'll see.  But I still had to get the "martial artist" out of me.  So while Googl'ing martial artist poses for reference, there was a random image of a squirrel in the mix.  My brain put them together... and whala... a squirrel wanting to kick ass and take names.

When coloring it digitally, I really wanted to recreate a watercolor feel to it... I think it came out well, and I didn't use the Burn/Dodge tools of Photoshop, just layering of color for the watercolor feel.  Think it came out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment