March 3, 2011

Happy Belated Birthday, Theodor Geisel!

Yesterday was Theodor "Dr. Seuss" Geisel's birthday.  I had intended to draw up this lil tiny tribute to the man yesterday, but life got int he way.  So here it is today.  WooT!

I grew up reading the works of Mr. Geisel, and I hope to share them with my children.  I also recall my senior year of high school English.  The final.  The LAST grade in the subject for my high school career...  the assignment?  READ a children's book to the class.  Not a report.  Not try to write one yourself.  Nope.  The assignment was to pick a children's book and READ IT TO THE CLASS!   That still stands out in my head the weirdest Final EVER! Especially since the teacher was VERY hard for the majority of the year, it seemed odd that the FINAL would be so easy.

Still, I picked my favorite "Green Eggs and Ham", and read it to the class.  I got an A.

1 comment: