May 2, 2011

A look back at APE-ril...

Yes, I'm getting just as sick of the monkeys as you might be... but I like to do these "look backs" at the end of each month, and since this was the most productive month EVER for Drawsiness, I had to do it's tribute wallpaper...

So above is all 30 apes (and monkeys) from the APE-ril challenge.  Where you draw an ape (or monkey) for everyday of the week.  I kinda cheated, in that some days I did more than one (one day was 7!), but I think as long as I did 30 of them by the end of the month, it's all good.  And I did (barely!).

I decided to visit down pop culture lane with my monkeys... and dug up a bunch of "celebrity" apes I guess... it was kinda fun...   I liked the challenge, it challenged me as an artist.  As I don't usually draw apes and monkeys, and the daily deadline pushed me to be productive quickly... so all and all, I grew... and that's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment