May 8, 2011

Dire Troll Bomber

My best friend likes to paint miniature figures (many, I believe, are made by Privateer Press), and then plays role-playing games with them... I don't know all the details, not really my cup of tea.  However, he is quite talented at painting things that are so incredibly tiny (most of them are rarely more than 2 or 3 inches tall).  The amount of detail and intricacy I see him put into some of the figures just blows my mind... because I paint, but no way could I pull it off on the micro scale.

Anyway, the above image is a drawing I did, based off a figure that he painted.  I really wanted to break away and just go all out nuts on something weird and detailed (you try drawing monkeys for a month, and tell me you don't want to draw something completely different!), and this guy struck my artistic fancy... so there ya have it, one rampaging Dire Troll Bomber, with sidekick (who I believe lights the kegs?).

On an unrelated side note, I have finally got around to listing "Other Artisit's Blogs" on my page.  You can see them along the ride side of this blog.  These are just blogs of artists that I enjoy looking at their work (and a few peers).  If you're an artist, and have a blog and it's not listed, let me know.  I'll check it out, and if I dig your work, I'll add you to the list.  If you know of another artist's blog and you don't see it listed, and you think I might dig it, then also, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment