May 22, 2011

Mermaids a'la Chalkin

So an artist friend of mine, said that mermaids are supposed to be the next big thing... so I thought.. what's better than a mermaid?   TWO mermaids...  And what's better than two mermaids?   TWO MERMAIDS MAKING OUT!

Alright, sex sells, I was hoping that maybe 2 mermaids making out would help traffic to this blog...  And it doesn't hurt that certain Hollywood blockbuster opened this weekend, happens to have mermaids.  But what I did decide to do was do an "homage."

Every generation has an iconic poster or image that adorns the walls of it's youth.  It was the Sailor kissing a Nurse, or a Bettie Page pin-up, or that famous Farrah Fawcett poster.  Well my generation growing up, the image every boy wished to have on their wall was the "Kiss" photograph, by Tanya Chalkin.

So "Kiss" was the big wall image thing growing up... Mermaids are apparently gonna be a big thing... so I mixed the two, old and new, and wah-lah... you have art!  Or sleeze.  I dunno, you be the judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment