February 10, 2011

BANE-she

Yeesh, 5 days with no new art posted on here.  I am ashamed of myself!  Really!  But seriously, this drawing took waaaaay longer to finish than it should it have.

For those not in the know, this would be the 2nd entry in my "Batman Rogues Gallery Goes Wild" series (working title), where I take Batman's greatest villians and turn them female (the ones that aren't already female, that be).  The first one was The Joker, which was my first post on this art blog.  While many might of expected me to follow it up with Riddler or Two-Face, I decided to take the same confusing turn that Christopher Nolan did, and I give you... BANE!  Bane is not a very common Bat-villain, in fact, aside from breaking the Batman's back in the mid early 90s, he hasn't really done much else, which made it an interesting villain choice for the next Bat-film.

The challenge of making him a her, proved even more difficult for me, because most of the ladies I draw are a bit more slender and sexy.  Not that buff isn't sexy (if that's your thing), but I go the more traditional road when drawing women.  So it proved a challenge making Bane both female, muscular, and still retain some femininity.

No comments:

Post a Comment