February 2, 2011

It's Groundhog Day!

I was originally gonna whip a take of some kind on the Bill Murray film "Groundhog Day" and I was like "Does anybody even remember that?"  Foolish me!  My Facebook page is literally littered (say that 5 times fast!) with posts related to the film.  Oh well, I decided to go with my cartoony, comic, dry-wit style and whipped up this groundhog not seeing his shadow.  Screw Bill Murray!  He needs to get off his high horse and allow a third Ghostbusters to be made.  But I digress.

So when I digitally color, I usually use the "dodge" and "burn" tools to shade and highlight.  This time around though, I went with the more solid brush instead of the faded brush for some of it, and it had an interesting effect in some places.  Kinda gave it a raw edginess, I might experiment with that in some future posts.  It could be fun.  Now what do I want to post for Valentine's Day?  I already have the St. Pat's figured out in my head.  If you've heard Bob Saget's comedy bit... you might have an idea...


UPDATE:  Later today, when I got to work, I was doodling on some company memo... and I drew this thing.  I thought the idea was brilliantly funny... even if it was just a scribble.  So I shared it.

No comments:

Post a Comment