October 1, 2014

#inktober


Damn, I really need to update this thing more often.  I also need to branch out into other social media.  But that will come later... what I really need to do, is increase artistic output!  And I've found the best way for me to do that is.... ARTISTIC CHALLENGES!  Like the '30 Characters Challenge' I do in November, or "Ape-ril".  Well, this year, I'm taking up #inktober.

What is #inktober you ask?  Well, you can find out by asking Jake Parker.  In short, back in 2009, Jake Parker decided he needed to work on his inking skills, so he challenged himself to do a drawing a day, in ink.  Other artists decided to take up the challenge, as well, and it's continued to grow with each passing year, with more artists taking up the challenge.

This year, I'm giving it a shot!  The above is a quick doodle I did with a dying micron pen.  I think I might pick up some brushes and India ink after pay day, and experiment a bit.  It'll be a nice break from all the "digital" inking I normally do.  And again, it'll increase artistic output.  Which is what I need.  MORE ART!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment