January 15, 2013

Sexy ladies...

I took a couple life drawing/painting classes in college.  I highly recommend that any artist do that.  Take as many as you can!  It's one of the most important classes you can take!

Anywho, as a person who LOVES comics, a lot of the ladies I drew at the time were "sexy".  Then I fell in love, and became all gentleman like, and kinda stopped drawing "sexy" ladies.  A commission I'm currently working on, involves a little bit of sex appeal.  And as I was trying to draw concept sketches for it... I realised...

I had gotten rusty at drawing "sexy".

So I busted open the internet and used random swimsuit models for a substitute life drawing class.  The above is some of those sketches.  Yes, i know a few them have some really bad proportions (tiny heads!), but really I was studying the hip/shoulder angles, and the way curves work, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment